12 Jun 2012

Beauty Queen: Nail

Gonna share a simple nail DIY
and really super simple la
and it's even better if you have shaky hands (who say shaky hand can't do pretty nail art)

1. Just start with your normal manicure routine, shape, buff, shine and whatever you like. I like my nail to do all the hard work, opening can, peeling this and that so I must put on a layer of strong nail base coat
(here, I'm using Rimmel base coat)
#1 Base coat provide a smoother base, so don't be lazy

2. Then find some nude or white-ish nail colour to be your base. I have to put two coat cause mine is too sheer. 
(random brand from some accessory shop)

3. Take out any paper or plastic and a used foundation sponge. It better to get some non-stick surface paper, I just recycled a receipt paper. The sponge is for my liquid foundation, so I just washed it clean with some cleanser and dried it.
#Tune down your fan level, so your nail lacquer don't dried out too fast
4. Choose any colour that you like. I choose an emerald green from Majolica Majorca. Brush some nail colour on the paper. Can put more, so you no need to open and adding the lacquer when you're doing the sponging.
#Feel free to try out any colour that you like, play with colour
  
5. As easy as kid arts, take some lacquer on the sponge and then start sponging on your nail. Any directions and style that you like
(I did mine diagonally)
#Use any old sponge or the cut some from the new kitchen sponge

6. Next, repeat the same thing with another colour that you like. Drop some colour on the paper and sponge on the green colour until you get the desired pattern.
#Even though you can play with colour, but plan the colour ahead. Some colour cannot be seen on top of another darker colour

7. Done mine with the black nail lacquer from Elianto

8. I add on a layer of large shimmer coat because I want the dark green-ish galaxy feel.
#Double coat another top-coat so it will be more longlasting

Tadaa- Done

Final look ^^
All the # are Tips from me.
Remember to play with COLOUR


No comments:

Post a Comment